Spinach Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes
Simple, delicious and so easy pasta that could be transformed into extraordinary restaurant quality dish.
We love pasta, and I often plan romantic dinners despite having 3 kids. I just love sharing delicious meals with my husband. Even though pasta can be pretty messy, for me it screams romantic dinner.
As you can see extremely simple, but umami is there, so I know you will love it too. Why don’t you try making it for your honey, for yourself or for family and friends. You can add anything that you like, for example, you can add any kind of mushrooms, or tomatoes… Addition of chicken perhaps, or fish on the side. Cheeses are up to you because as much as cheese adds the flavor, you won’t be missing it for this dish at all, but if you like cheese I don’t see reason why not! The other suggestion that I would like to mention is that you can oven roast garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes for about 20-30 minutes, puree and just mix with the olive oil and some of that pasta water. It will enhance the flavor and the aroma, and the more you eat taste gets richer.
Experiment, taste and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 min. | Cooking time: 15 min.
- 1 pk. Spinach Fettuccine, handmade and
packed (or you can make any Fettuccine that you have in your pantry) /+ salt to season the water and 1/2 tsp oil
- 3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 6 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Dry Italian Herbs Mix, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Basil, if desired
- Boil water with well seasoned water with salt, and drop
pasta/ for handmade pasta you will need about 5-7 minutes until it’s
- While you wait for the water to boil, start on a sauteing – first minced garlic to infuse the oil, then add mushroom slices, tomato halves. Saute for a few minutes, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle Italian garlic and herbs to taste.
- As soon as fettuccine is done, drain but reserve about 1/4 cup of pasta water. Drop the pasta in the saute pan, toss the pasta to get to coated, then add pasta water, cover and let it cook for additional 2 minutes under the lid. Add more seasoning IF NEEDED!
- Sprinkle with Parmigiana Cheese and
garnish with fresh basil, if desired
If you have less people around your table use less pasta.
TIP* Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar into seasoned water for pasta. Pasta will be glossy but you will not taste or smell the vinegar when the dish is complete!