|Picture update June 2013/I used smaller round skillet|
I wanted to start today's dinner idea with something that most of us are familiar with... which are eggs. Eggs are staple of almost every household and in my house we often eat breakfast for dinner, which is not all that bad if we kick up a notch and make that meal packed with flavor and leave the boring and plain behind.
~o~o~o~Frittata is simple dish, and it takes very little prep time. Work ahead by washing and chopping all the veggies and placing it in the airtight container and back in the fridge, prepare cooking dish that you will cook in, and your dinner will be done in no time.
So let me take you through this and you will see how you can turn your ordinary frittata into something incredibly tasty!
If you are worried because you don't have a skillet or omelette pan, well this will ease your pain as well as keep some money in your pocket. Use your regular round baking pan, I used mine and it seems that it is working just fine.
I am sure that this is not first time you saw this kind of recipe, but I liked it very much as well we my family, so I want to share how I did it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total :25 minutes
Low Carb Recipe
- 4-5 Eggs
- 3 Tbs. Skim Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 8 woody Asparagus stems, or depending how wide/large your pan/skillet is.
- 5 slices smoked Ham, coarsely chopped (or pre-cooked chicken, Canadian bacon est.)
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1 cup Green Onions,
- Cheese *optional (Feta Cheese, Parmigiano, Mozzarella, Smoked Gouda est.) Note if you are using Feta cheese lower the sodium (about 1-2 pinches)
- Wash all the veggies. Chop the Ham, green onions, and mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven on 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a frying pan/skillet add just a drop of oil and put a Asparagus on a high heat for few minutes.
- Mix eggs, and season with salt and pepper; Add chopped ham, green onions and mushrooms; stir!
- On a burner (med. heat) place baking pan/or skillet) and oil it; Line the Asparagus making about 1/2 inch in between.
- Pour vegetable and egg mixture over the asparagus; Move the Asparagus left and right to let eggs get underneaths.
- Cook on the stove top (largest burner) for about 5 minutes on a medium heat, than transfer it in already preheated oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the top of the frittata is completely dry.
Serve it with salad, and perhaps if you wish you could add Chicken Strips.
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish (recipes or images) without permission of the author.