I feel great including more vegetables as well as fruits in my daily diet. Today's recipe is nothing new to the world. It is simple combination of great veggies, choosing sea salt, really good Olive Oil and tossing everything in the oven to roast.
We ate this without meat, it was satisfying and refreshing having vegan lunch. However this makes a wonderful side dish, great when you are having guests over or just treating yourself with nice healthy dish full of flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 6 Red Potatoes
- 6 baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 Red onion
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil (I used unfiltered EVOO)
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the potatoes and cut into wages.
- Season them with salt and pepper, and add Olive oil.
- Place them in the oven to roast for 15 minutes;Stir potatoes so they can get nice coding of oil.
- In a meanwhile wash the rest of the vegetables.
- Slice the mushrooms, and cut asparagus ( about 3 inch long).
- Season everything with salt and pepper and toss with the potatoes; Add garlic too!
- Roast everything for 15-20 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Note: The reason I put the potatoes first is because they take a longer time to cook. So by combining everything together later on will give you even tenderness. Also you will not lose nice color of the vegetables and potatoes will be just a bit more crunchy.
Asparagus is an alkaline food which is rich in protein but low in calories and carbs. It has an amazing source of folic acid, potassium, vitamins A, C and K, and also bit of vitamin B complex.
The Baby Bella mushrooms are a low calorie and low fat source of dietary fiber, potassium and the B vitamins riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid. Dietary fiber lowers cholesterol, helps maintain steady blood sugar levels and assists the digestive process. They contain
Red potatoes are rich in dietary fiber. The World's Healthiest Foods states that fiber can help lower cholesterol, prevent colon cancer and promote healthy elimination.
Thank you all for visiting me today! I appreciate you and your lovely comments!
Now that my kids are on the Spring break I will be taking some time off..only few days to relax and enjoy while they are home..ok one huge benefits that I can sleep longer LOL!
Sending you all virtual hugs!!!
All the images and recipes are ©2010, 2011 & 2012 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author. If you do copy at least link it back to Sandra's Easy Cooking.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.