Foodbuzz: 24x24 - PASTA PARTY
It's been a while since I was chosen for Foodbuzz 24x24, and I am so happy that I got it this time so I can share my favorite, ultimate favorite dishes...Pasta! And that Foodbuzz liked my menu last week. I am truly honored to be one among 24 talented bloggers around the world who are sharing their menus with blogging community! Thank you very much!
Who doesn't like this comfort food? I mean, I don't think that I know a person who is not enjoying bowl or plate of good pasta. I had a little party and it is all about tasting my pasta dishes. I hope you will enjoy it... so kick back and prepare your napkins..and no I am not planing to open up a restaurant..or maybe I should! LOL!
|Lazy Susan: 8 full dishes + 2 of spinach pasta|
|Olive oil, Garlic, Dry Herbs and Pocerino- Romano Cheese|
Roasted Garlic & Parsley Linguine with Baby Bella Mushrooms, and Creamy Sauce-Served in Portobello Mushroom Caps
Campanelle with Steamed Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes
Spicy Asian-Style Pasta
Spinach Fettuccine with Baby Bella Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes
Recipe will come in the next post!
1st Pasta: Olive oil, Garlic, Dry Herbs and Pocerino- Romano Cheese
Prep time 5 min.
Cooking time 15min.
- 2 Pk. Spaghetti (try using WFM pasta..delish!)
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, EVOO
- 3 Garlic cloves
- ½ Tbs, dry Herbs, Italian Mix
- ½ tsp. Dry Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil salted water (1 Tbs. Salt) and drop your Spaghetti in. Cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- In a meanwhile, Heat your skillet and saute garlic cloves that you cut in halves in olive oil and dry herbs.
- Turn down on low the heat and let it saute so the olive oil can get infused by garlic.
- Once the pasta is done, take the garlic halves out and drop the pasta right in.
- Stir or shake the sauteing pan back and forth so the pasta get nice coding.
- Garnish with Fresh Basil and Pocerino- Romano Cheese/or Parmigiano Cheese
Serve right away!
2nd Pasta: Roasted Garlic & Parsley Linguine with Baby Bella Mushrooms, and Creamy Sauce-Served in Portobello Mushroom Caps
Prep time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
- 2 Pk. Linguine, it was handmade and packed
- 5 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Tbs. Basil
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup Heavy Whipped cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Portobello Mushroom for each serving + Pinch of Sea salt to taste
- ½ Tbs. Flour + 3 Tbs. Water(or more)
- Fresh Basil
- Lightly wash Portobello mushrooms and take off the steams; Season them and place in a Preheated oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit – Use parchment paper to line up your baking pan for easy clean up.
- Once they are done pat them with kitchen paper towel to absorb all the liquid that came out.
- In a meanwhile boil a water with salt and start with the sauce.
- In a sauce pan place garlic, olive oil and basil.
- Slightly wash baby bella mushrooms and slice them about 1/3 inch thick slices.
- Add mushrooms to the sauce pan with garlic, olive oil and basil.
- Once the Potobello mushrooms are done, place the linguine in the boiling water. (it will take about 3-5 minutes until pasta is done because it's handmade, almost fresh)
- To make a sauce, mix flour and water until smooth and add in the sauce pan whipped cream.
- Stir well and add flour and water mixture, but pour slowly and add just enough to make it thicker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste/
- Stir everything together, and drop the drained pasta in.
- Serve in the Porobello mushroom caps and garnish with fresh basil.
3rd Pasta: Campanelle with Steamed Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes
Prep time:5 min.
Cooking time: 12 min.
- 1 Pk. Campanelle Pasta (in translation little bells)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch fresh Asparagus
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash the Vegetables, than cut the Asparagus into 2 inch thick and tomatoes in halves
- Boil Water for pasta with 1 Tbs. Of Salt. Once it's boiled drop the pasta in.
- Steam the Asparagus, or you can drop in the boiling water for minute or two (use salt to season the water)
- In a meanwhile combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper; stir and set aside.
- Once the pasta is done and asparagus is steamed, drop it in the pasta pot draining and run under cold water to cool it down faster.
- Place it in the salad dish, or any dish that you desire and add tomatoes.
- Stir well and pour lemon juice and olive oil mix.
- Toss lightly to code each piece of pasta, cover with clear wrapping foil and set aside until ready to be served.
4th Pasta: Spicy Asian-Style Pasta
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- 2 pk. Udon Noodles
- 1 Tbs. Sesame Oil
- 2 cups Shrimps
- 1 cup Snow peas
- 3 kind of Peppers, Red, Green, and Yellow
- ½ cup Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Slices Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pk. Bunashimeji Mushrooms (in translation Brown Beech or Brown Clamshell Mushrooms)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Vegetable stock + 2 Tbs. For mushrooms
- Sprinkle with Black Sesame Seeds
- Boil water with Salt(approximately 1 Tbs.) , drop the noodles.
- While that is cooking, in a pan put shrimps with sesame oil, let them saute for few minutes, than add all the other ingredients except mushrooms and sesame seeds.
- Stir well to combine all the flavors, and pour soy sauce + Vegetable stock.
- In the other pan add bit of sesame oil, 2 Tbs. Vegetable stock + bunashimeju mushrooms, and cook them for 5 minutes under the lid on a low temperature.
- Once the noodles are done , drain and drop them in the pan.
- Combine all the ingredients by coding each noodle.
- Cook for few minutes and serve right away.
- Complete everything by adding on the plate noodles, take few shrimps for each serving, add mushrooms on the side(make sure to cut the very bottom) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
All the images and recipes are ©2010, 2011 & 2012 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author. If you do copy at least link it back to Sandra's Easy Cooking.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.