I don't want to talk to much here today..just to present recipe that is so tasty and refreshing for this time of the year. Have to be honest again, I didn't care too much about asparagus..but lately I am munching these guys like crazy..and it is one of my favorite snacks these days!
Since I have so much in my fridge I made this refreshing soup. I played around with the flavors and ingredients for a few times now, and I liked this one the best because yogurt gave a nice kick and red potatoes more flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbs. Unfiltered EVOO
- 2 cups Red Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 lb Organic asparagus, chopped
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup plain low fat Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipped Cream
- Sea salt and ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, heat Olive oil. Add onion, garlic and potato and sauté on medium heat until it's softer.
- Add asparagus and sauté for few more minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock, and bring to boil; reduce the heat on low.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Add everything in a food processor/or blender.
- Put the mixture back in a sauté pan and add yogurt and heavy cream; Stir to combine everything!
This soup is best if it's eaten the same day/or right away!
I hope you are having a great Spring weekend!!!!
Hugs to all!
All the images and recipes are ©2010, 2011 & 2012 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author. If you do copy at least link it back to Sandra's Easy Cooking.