A few weeks ago I got a Lavender from Lavender World and wanted so badly to use it for my cooking experiments..I never cooked with it and it is something totally new to me. I turned to Sam for a recipe. She responded with an amazing "Lavender Scones" which they are serving/selling in their tea room at Yorkshire Lavender
I never made this kind of scones and they were unbelievably delicious. I sent her a photo and she send me link how scones tent to look in England (round) ..but I should of ask before I made them for this post. I am not regretting because they are so darn good!
Once I pull them out of the oven, my whole place had soothing aroma of Lavender.
I prepared everything to make some more for today's afternoon snack.
adapted from Lavender world
- 4 cups Self-Raising Flour(pr Flour + Baking Soda)
- 4 Tbs. Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Lavender (from Lavender World)
- 1 1/3 cups Milk (or enough to make a ball)
- 1 egg for brushing
- Combine flour, sugar and lavender into a mixing bowl and rub in the cold butter.
- Add enough milk to form a soft dough (for me was 1 1/3 cups enough) and knead.
- Roll out to 1in thick.
- Cut into wages and place on a floured baking sheet.
- Brush with a beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400˚F / 200˚C for 20 minutes until they are risen, and golden.
My thoughts and prayers are going to those that lost someone in latest Tornado that went through my area too. Thankfully didn't do any damage which would be devastating if it did especially after Nashville flood in 2010. However many did lose everything so see if you can help in some way through your Church, Community or Red Cross .
Wishing you all beautiful day..enjoy every single moment!
All the images and recipes are ©2010, 2011 & 2012 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.