Mixed Greens and Grilled Chicken Salad
I am feeling great today..maybe because it was storm last night (not a snow storm though) and morning was just beautiful; this is coming from a person that is not, I said not morning person at all.
I guess sunshine, and 60 degrees making me very happy. On the other side, I did 3 full day of Reboot diet....even though juices are tasty, and refreshing that was not my way of good breakfast, lunch or dinner. So my alternative options are keeping juices for breakfast 1 hour before my coffee, and have it to kill my sweet cravings as well as for snack. First day I couldn't stand on my feet, second massive headaches, and third I was in bed almost all day..
I know it is good for us to detox ourselves, but I can't stand headaches and I swear I was hallucinating without caffeine intake!
Also I am not using anymore milk or cream for my coffee, I don't eat sweets at all, meaning nothing processed what so ever..for now I'm getting it from fresh fruit and veggies. Eating only boiled or grilled chicken or turkey and I 'm not eating beef or pork! In case of bread, I have it under control. I am Eating (50/50 whole wheat/white) 1 slice once a day which is huge for me considering that I could eat bread with anything...
My fridge is packed with at least 80% veggies and fruits that need refrigeration...very proud of myself because even though it's hard I am finding alternatives that will work for me..and still very healthy choices in my opinion.
Today's recipe is fresh, easy and very satisfying lunch!
- I used grilled chicken, which I cut in in smaller pieces because it giving us illusion that we have more in our plate, and you can taste it in every bite. But you can use baked chicken as well.
- Replace croutons with Almonds or any nut of your choice for extra crunch.
- You can add cheese if you like.
- Mix colorful greens and different tomatoes, after all we first eat with our eyes.
- Handful of Organic Baby Romaine
- Handful of Organic Baby Arugula
- 1/2 lean Chicken breast, grilled
- 6 Almonds sliced
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Golden "Snack" Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Dressing of your choice
(mine was 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice + 1/2 tsp. Salt + 1 Garlic and leave it overnight *optional)
- Season chicken and place it on the hot grill and grill for 10 minutes or until it's done.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar and about pinch Salt.
- Mix greens, pour oil, lemon juice and salt on top and toss.
- Slice tomatoes in half and almonds, and chop grilled chicken breast.
- Toss it with a salad, or just arrange them on the top.
Taste is very good. Salty enough, little bit sour from the lemon juice, and salad in combination with grilled chicken is just perfect!
Wishing you all fantastic beginning of the week!!
All the images and recipes are ©2010, 2011 & 2012 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.