Banana & Apple Nut Muffins
It's nothing special about this recipe, they are muffins! I like to make old recipes and mix in some other ingredients like apples now. The combination goes very well together, maybe even pears would go great in this mixture...pinch of this and pinch of that and we have a breakfast in no time..well, if you like this kind of breakfasts. Many times I said that my husband is claiming there is no breakfast better than eggs, crunchy bacon or sausages and warm biscuits, and I have to in one crazy way agree with him...but me who is not huge on a breakfast, half of this warm plain muffin full of flavor and cup of French roast coffee is the great one too, if I have to say it myself!
You can find an amazing 4 Easy Ways To Make Apple Banana Cake by Paula Hughes (blog: Chew The World)
Yield: 8-10 large muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of Rolled oats, grounded
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbs. Cinnamon *opt.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs. Brown sugar
- 1/2 stick Vegan Buttery Sticks*Earth Balance, melted and cooled
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Few Drops of Lemon extract/or juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Crystal Sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and butter 2 large cups muffin tins (or 1 with 12 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, grounded oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt;
- Mash bananas with a fork in a small bowl.
- With an electric mixer whip the bananas and sugar together for few minutes.
- Add the melted butter, egg, lemon extract (1tsp.), vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in the nuts, very small apple chunks and the mashed bananas with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar, lightly add the sugar on the top so it can stick, and let cool for a few minutes before taking the muffins out of the muffin tins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Hugs to all!
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.