My year has been incredible! Meeting virtually some of the amazing, most talented, kind and perfect people that you would want all of them to be your friends for life, next to you through thick and thin, and share every single detail of your life. I am blessed because I had a chance to learn what is true meaning of blogging..yes my friends, true meaning of blogging to me is "Friendship!"
No matter what your family thinks, are they proud what you do, are they happy to see you put your heart and soul into your blog, maybe even thinking it is a joke that you take it too seriously, here in this blogging world you will find support, encouragement and friendship...well, one of my biggest supporters are of course my husband and kids, my in-laws, my aunt, and handful of friends that are truly like my family. I couldn't do anything if they thought for one second what I do is a joke..
My blogging food community is more than just a community, they are my family, and I'm beyond happy that my husband and kids encouraged me to start blogging because my foodies teach me, watched me grow, supported me, and those emails that I get from you guys, most of them made me cry..no, they are not tears of sadness, they are tears of joy. One great blogger gave advice to a new bloggers, I think it was Lizzy. She said: “ be yourself!” Yes, and I totally agree because even though you never met me or some of your favorite people behind the blogs you can see, read and almost feel their feelings behind it all.
There is no talent, creativity, friendship or fame (if you are looking for that) to put you on top if you are not who you are..if you are hiding and pretending to be somebody else other then yourself, you will hit the wall and your mask will come right off. That is my advice!
Why I am writing this..well, I didn't experience it the hard way, my mask didn't came off because from beginning I have been who I am. Tried what I could to gain trust and win your hearts through my recipes and my posts. Some of them were on more personal level, and sometimes I didn't feel like writing due to the sleepless nights, sickness, or bad mood, and what I've received on those posts..I only received what I needed at that moment, and that is “Love and understanding!”
I am honored to talk to many of you, get to know you more, and to call you my friends. My heart is full of happiness because I have an opportunity to share something that became passion of mine, and will try harder to be better, will look for new ideas, new recipes maybe even those that are dear to my heart, new inspiration and wish to transform my little food spot into something more than just this!
I wish you all Happy Holidays..May your days, weeks, and months ahead be filled with peace, love, joy and laughter..may your year be better and brighter than the last one...
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 tsp. unsalted Butter
- 1 cup skim milk, or more if needed
- 2 Tbs. Sugar/Splenta
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 1 cup chocolate, chopped (1 bar 4.4oz)
- 1/3 cup ground Almonds
- Shaved chocolate
- 2-3 Fresh Raspberries for each serving
- Mint or Basil
- Warm the milk to almost boil.
- In a sauce pan put butter and rice and let the rice get it toasty.
- Pour the milk in the hot sauce pan with rice -This could be dangers so be careful.
- Stir well and turn down the heat on low. Simmer the rice.
- Put sugar, stir again.
- If the rice is not tender and milk is gone, you can add just a bit more milk until rice is tender.
- Add half and half (or heavy-liquid whipped cream), stir.
- When the rice is tender, add roughly chopped chocolate.
- Stir until all the chocolate is melted and you have thick sauce with rice.
- Cover it with a lid.
- Serve it in a cups, or glasses if you want to serve it more elegant.
- Sprinkle with little bit of ground almonds (of course exclude if allergic), shave some chocolate for each serving and put on top instead of cherry, use raspberries, and chopped mint or basil for a contrast.
- You can also make this a day ahead and place in the fridge.
The taste is fantastic; bit nutty, not overly sweet, full of chocolate goodness, and defiantly worth of trying.
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.