I am big fan of organic food, so every time when I go to the store to buy fruits and veggies I don't look on a price, or is it on the sale I am heading right to the organic section. Now, I am sure that most of you are familiar with Cal-Organic produce, and I am here to let you all know that they are my choice for the freshest and tastiest vegetables, as well as fruits. What wins for me that everything taste better, sweeter, crunchier, and of course color is like it should be, bright and beautiful!
Next time when you go grocery shopping do yourself a favor with a flavor and look for Grimmway Farms Cal-Organic produce, because you and your family do deserve the best!
In this dish I used Cal-Organic Carrots and they are fantastic. My kids often have them as a snack or I pack it fresh for a school lunches, and of course I use a lot of of their veggies in cooking.
Let me tell you little bit about this dish today...
Balance between fragrant saffron and sweet butternut squash, carrots, celery and other vegetables is just fantastic combination in this dish, very comforting yet vegan and very healthy..I do hope you like it!!!
- 1/2 butternut Squash
- 1 Celery Stick
- 6 baby Carrots (Cal-Organic)
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 cups Rice
- 1 Tbs. Minced Parsley, plus for garnish
- 1 Tbs. Saffron threads / if you have powder use 1 tsp. since it is much stonger
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 cups Rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First clean all the vegetables and put them in a big pot with 3 cups of water.
- Boil until butternut squash is tender, about 20-25 minutes; set aside.
- Take the vegetables out and reserve the broth.
- Cut the vegetables in a smaller pieces (or mince) and saute in a separate sauce pan.
- On the other side put 2 Tbs. Olive oil and make it hot, than add rice.
- When the rice is glassy (or toasty) put still hot boiling broth; if it is not hot anymore just bring it boil before pouring it over the toasty rice.
- Stir and season with some salt and pepper.
- Keep your eye on it since it will bubble up and broth will evaporate fast.
- After 5 minutes of boiling broth and rice, turn the heat down and let it simmer until rice is cooked, but not over cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked add all the chopped vegetables and simmer on a medium heat.
- Sprinkle with bit of saffron, stir and cover for 5-10 minutes before serving.
It is very important that you have to always serve risotto hot and almost immediately so do not extend more than 10 minutes covered under the lid.
Wishing you wonderful weekend, stay warm, happy and healthy!!!!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.