I have been busy lately, experimenting with recipes that I haven't tried before, enjoying the nice fall that we having with leaves on the threes that are like painted.. I mean have you noticed, have you been in woods, have you took a break and just walked through the woods??? I visited again Great Smoky Mountains , and also this weekend Chattanooga, and the scenery was just taking my breath away!
Now that my aunt is with me, we are trying bunch of her recipes like this one today. Originally she wanted to make her pumpkin risotto but we turned in whole another way and made this veggie packed pasta with delicious sauce. What can I say, I love pasta!:) Chicken came randomly as I didn't planed to put it in but it was really delicious even with the chicken. If you are vegan or vegetarian, meat do not play the role, but for all of you that do eat meat, chicken is light and do add to the flavor just a bit, however vegetables are the star of this dish and you can taste most of them in every bite.
- 1/2 Butternut Squash
- 2 large Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 2 Celery Sticks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth/ or Vegetable
- 1/2 Chicken Breast *optional
- 1 Pk. Whole Wheat Pasta
- In a pot put Cleaned and cut into chunks butternut squash, carrot slices, washed onion peel with bit onions on it and celery. (this also makes a great base for a soup/broth)
- Add about 3 cups water with salt and boil for about 20 minutes and than add broccoli florets, tuned off the heat and cover until ready to be used.
- In a large pan put Olive oil and minced onion, and let them get softer with few drops of water after a minute.
- Add chicken chunks and let the chicken get bit brown on all sides.
- With a ladle transfer cooked veggies in the onion and chicken pot.
- Stir and season as needed.
- Pour 1/2 cups of Chicken Broth/or Vegetable, cover and let it cook for next 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the package, drain and cover.
- At this time you can put all the veggies in a food processed and make it smooth mixture.
- I jumped over this step and wanted all the veggies to be visible.
- Add 2 Tbs. Tomato sauce and mix with the veggies and chicken. Stir and transfer all the pasta in the pot with vegetable and chicken. Sprinkle with bit of minced parsley.
- Stir again and cover.
*Note if you like your veggies to be more firm and visible reduce the time of cooking.
I hope you will have incredible week..take a minute and enjoy wonderful colors of Autumn!
P.S. I am trilled, honored and happy to say that this week I am featuring on Raquel's site "eRecipe". This site is awesome with full amazing recipes.
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.