I know many people can't stand mushrooms, but I have to be honest here, I love them. Ever sense I was a kid my love for them grow more..I don't know if I am more drown to the smell of cooked mushrooms or the taste, or perhaps both. Today, I made them for lunch. My kids don't like them at all :/, so I set down to try few..guess what? I end up eating whole plateful! No meat, no any other side dishes, just toasted buttery bread and these stuffed mushrooms...I can't even tell you how fantastic they taste!
Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms
Total time 20 minutes
prep: 5 minutes cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pk. Baby Bella mushrooms (you will need about 12)
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack, shredded cheese /or mozzarella
- 1/3 of onion, minced
- 1 Tbs.(14ml) Olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Garnish with chives, parsley or minced red peppers.
- Wash all the mushrooms, and separate caps from the steam.
- Use about 8 larger mushroom caps and put one the side.
- The rest of the mushrooms/caps and steams mince
- Mince onion and combine with minced mushroom steams.
- Season with bit of salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and mix it, so all he mixture can get coded with olive oil.
- Toss in the mixture cheese, any of your choice.
- With a fork press and mix all the mixture together.
- Preheat the oven on 375F(190C)
- Stuff all the mushroom caps with the mixture, then sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Line them on in the pan (use parchment paper or non-stick aluminium foil)
- Bake for 15 minutes, after baking place on kitchen paper towel to absorb all unnecessary liquid that mushrooms produce while baking (3-5 minutes)
You can use any cheese of your choice. Also if you do not have shredded, you can cut sliced cheese into thin strips.
I tried to make my little beauties to be more appealing, because they are very unappealing, wood looking, ugly veggie..but of course their taste is absolutely positively amazing!
Wishing you all wonderful and peaceful weekend!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.