I know many people can't stand mushrooms, but I have to be honest here, I love them. Ever sense I was a kid my love for them grow more..I don't know if I am more drown to the smell of cooked mushrooms or the taste, or perhaps both. Today, I made them for lunch. My kids don't like them at all :/, so I set down to try few..guess what? I end up eating whole plateful! No meat, no any other side dishes, just toasted buttery bread and these stuffed mushrooms...I can't even tell you how fantastic they taste!
Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 pk. Baby Bella mushrooms (you will need about 12)
- 1/2 cup (113g) Pepper Jack, shredded cheese
- 1/3 of onion, minced
- 1 Tbs.(14ml) Olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash all the mushrooms, and separate caps from the steam.
- Use about 8 larger mushroom caps and put one the side.
- The rest of the mushrooms/caps and steams mince
- Mince onion and combine with minced mushroom steams.
- Season with bit of salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and mix it, so all he mixture can get coded with olive oil.
- Toss in the mixture pepper Jack cheese
- With a fork press and mix all the mixture together.
- Preheat the oven on 375F(190C)
- Stuff all the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Line them on in the pan(use parchment paper or non-stick aluminium foil)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let them cool down for about 4-5 minutes, and then place them on the paper kitchen towel to absorb all unnecessary liquid that mushrooms produce while baking.
Stuffed mushrooms are juicy, tasty, bit spicy and few of those will satisfy you very much.
You can use any kind of shredded cheese that you like, but pepper Jack give you that kick, it will give you just enough spiciness to open up your appetite.
I tried to make my little beauties to be more appealing, because they are very unappealing, wood looking, ugly veggie..but of course their taste is absolutely positively amazing!
Wishing you all wonderful and peaceful weekend!