she said "well you put the wrong date and we didn't have class picture, just a individual this time"
I mean, really that is big sign of tiredness, emotions got me, perhaps lack of sleep destructed me, and decided to take it easy for few days.
So I open up my car roof, turn on the music and let myself enjoy this whole weekend long. Went shopping, than drove for few hours, just wind and my thoughts, took long walks through the woods, slept for full 10 hours, cuddled with my kids(and hubby), went for a lunch with friends and just took a deep breaths of fresh air, now all that was priceless. Used computer just for few minutes and didn't watch TV. My inspiration came back, my motivation to continue blogging just returned and here I am with the easiest recipe in the world.
I have to apologies for the rather plain recipe today, but it is fast, economical and most kids would eat it!
- 2 large potatoes, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 onion, minced or shredded
- 2 cups flour/or less
- 1 egg *opt.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tbs.(14g) Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2g)Baking soda
- Mozzarella cheese/or what ever cheese you prefer
- Preheat the oven on 375 degrees Fahrenheit(190 C)
- Peel and shred potatoes, carrot and onion; add lightly beat egg, baking soda, salt and pepper. Usually, I use 1 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 Tbs(14g) freshly ground black pepper. I like it more spicy. But you adjust to your taste!
- Add flour, oil and water and stir all very well. Mixture needs to be thick-thicker then for pancakes.
- You can adjust water addition, add 1/2 cup at the time.
- Line parchment paper in the baking pan.
- Pour the mixture in and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Baking time is how big/small your pan is. If you are using bigger baking pan than the crust will be thinner and faster to bake, but if it is smaller than the crust will take probably 30 minutes or so.
- Take the crust out and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese
- Put it back in the oven for additional 5 minutes under broiler.
- Cut it and enjoy this fast and tasty bread or side dish.
- You can use less flour if you want to taste more potatoes or use one more shredded potato. My kids love more bread tasty than a potatoes, so that is why I used 2 cups. Also mixture should be more like thicker pancake batter, but chunky. You need to spread it evenly and in very thin layer. It will rise a bit but not too much. If you like it more crunchy, just let it bake for 10 more minutes.
- You can fry this batter, just by taking a spoonfull and dropping it in the fry pan.
Please take your time to enjoy!
Hugs to all,
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.