I wanted to buy salmon and ended up with swai fish..Came home and didn't noticed that on the same pile was packed swai fish, which I didn't have a clue what it was until I turned to my trusty friend Google:))
After many pages of research I came to conclusion that Swai is called Tra, Iridescent Shark, Shark Catfish, Striper (Trader Joe's), Striped Catfish. Swai is sometimes incorrectly called Basa or Panga. I liked the taste, it was not like a regular catfish at all. Didn't stink, didn't have bones or have problems cooking it. I made it few times, and the taste was great.
So today's recipe is combination of Asian and Italian cuisine and I ended up with very flavorful meal.
- 1-2 Swai Fillet, large
- 6 baby carrots
- 2 green onions
- 3 slices of fresh Ginger, grated
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Tbs. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Soy sauce
- Few drops of Lemon
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 Pk Fettuccine
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbs. freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook for few minutes and place in the food processor.
- Blend until pureed.
- Put the fish in a large parchment paper and add all the ingredients above for fish.
- Close the parchment paper, place in the baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes-depending how large fish fillet is.
- Boil the salted water and drop the pasta in. Once it's tender drain and cover.
- On a serving plate place pasta, drizzle bit of pesto and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- When the fish is cooked, take it out, place on the plate along with veggies and sprinkle with sesame seeds, few spoons of pesto, and garnish with green onions and lemon slices.
Ingredients that I used gave really nice flavor, and kind of combined well together. I actually don't regret that I mistakenly took Swai fillets, it was meant to be I guess to try new things.
Enjoy your Week!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish (recipes or images) without permission of the author.