I have to make confection..first I didn't make butter pecan ice-cream(wish I did), but since it is my favorite ice-cream I always have one extra box in my freezer. And second I bake when I can't sleep.
It was around 1 am, I was turning on my bed and just couldn't go to sleep..it was such a quite night, kids were sound to sleep but I just couldn't close my eyes. In that situation like i said I turn to my kitchen...I wasn't hungry, but I felt like I need something sweet..which I couldn't even try until next day..but it was worth it!
I never made this before, and it came out really tasty..yes again I went with my instinct, didn't have recipe, there was nothing to follow..just go with a flow!:))
This dessert is pretty heavy on calories, but let me tell you it hits the spot, that spot for sweet cravings! Let me walk you through this after midnight adventure...
- 2 cups(454g) unpeeled Pistachios
- 1 Tbs.(14g) Shortening, more if needed
- 1 cup(142g) all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs.(14g) caster sugar
- 4-5 cups( about 900g) ice-cream(any but my choice is Butter Pecan)
- Peel the pistachio and place in the food processor/separate about 3 Tbs. for garnish.
- Combine ground pistachio with flour, shortening and sugar.
- Knead until you form a thick dough. You have to work fast so the shortening don't melt from hand heat.
- Once you formed the dough ball, you can wrap it in the plastic foil and put in the fridge however you can work with it right away.
- Put in the tart baking pan and spread by pushing all over the pan.
- Punch the bottom with the fork and bake on 375 F(190C) for about 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden all around.
- Take it out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Take the ice-cream box out and leave it on the counter top for 10 minutes. This way it will softened just a bit but not all the way.
- Put few spoons at the time on still warm tart crust and spread, and continue until you have reached full tart pan.
- Place in the freezer and leave it overnight.
- Once it is fully frozen, take off the ring of the tart pan,
- Sprinkle with extra ground pistachio and cut into pieces.
Have a wonderful and restful weekend!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish (recipes or images) without permission of the author.