Tuna Fish Pizza
I have been so busy these few days, and to tell you the truth bit tired and just wanted to go and have good sleep. However being me and considering that I have three kids it is hard to catch up on sleep or on anything in that matter. I love blogging, and I found myself sort of speak. First of all I talked to so many incredible ladies, I think that I have the best followers and supporters and that is really what keeps me going. I am learning everyday from you..I can't even believe how much talent we find here in our foodie community. Can you imagine when you started blogging that you will find such an incredible bakers, chefs, writers, achievers, authors, motivators..the list will go on and on!!!
I love you all and no matter how high OR low this journey takes me I will be always at your blog visiting and welcoming you here at mine as well! Thank you all for the inspiration!!!
So lets get back to today's recipe.
Pizza is always welcome in my house, but you could see that on my blog..Italian food is something that makes me smile..I just love it!!! See I say pizza and right the way reminding me of Italian food!:)
I was experimenting with a dough and made a little twist adding just one more ingredients this time. And topping well look at the photo..do you like it or hate it!!!
Serves 6/and 2 pizza crusts
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbs. Salt
- 1 Tbs. dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbs. Flaxseed meal *I used Bob's Red Meal Brand *Flaxseeds OPTIONAL
- 1 cups Luke warm water, more if needed
Tuna fish mixture ingredients:
- 2 cans of tuna fish in water(drained)
- 2 stick of celery, shredded
- 2 Tbs. Relish /or just chopped pickles
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 of green, red and yellow pepper
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 Tbs. light mayo/ mix with hot sauce of your choice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- a bit of fresh dill
- Few slices of smoked ham, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, chopped in small pieces
- 2-3 chopped Scallions/Spring onion
- pinch of salt if needed
- *Plus Fresh Mozzarella for the top
1. Prepare the dough by mixing dry ingredients. Mix yeast and Luke warm water with sugar and leave it for few seconds. It will tell you if the yeast is still active. Mix in with flour, baking powder, salt and flaxseed meal. Cover and leave it in the warmer area.
2. In a meanwhile prepare tuna fish mixture. Combine it well, cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Preheat the oven on 375 degrees F. (190C)
4. Stretch the dough into rectangle shape (but it is optional), and with a fork go all over the crust, making little wholes. Place the crust in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
5. Take the Pizza crust out of the oven and add tuna fish mixture. Cut the Mozzarella Cheese and place every few inches one slice of cheese. Plus Cut few slices of cheese into thin strips and place all around the edges.
6. Bake for 10 more minutes in the hot oven or until Cheese is melted...but not more than that.
7. Take it out and sprinkle with bit of dry Italian herbs or just basil and fresh dill. Cut into square so every piece have slice of cheese.
In this case of pizza you don't want to bake the filling, just cheese to be melted. It is crunchy and not that heavy, and has just a bit of spicy that will open up your appetite!
I want to take this time and sent huge Thanks to Muna Kenny from Munaty Cooking for placing my post in her online magazine for May issue. You can check it out HERE and also check her blog where she have some delicious meals and sweet treats! She is very sweet and professional lady, and it was pleasure talking and working with her!!!
Thank you Muna again!!!!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.