Since I have never hosted Guest post before this is really new to me. I think you will enjoy this addition at my blog:Guest posts!
On the first Tuesday of each month I will dedicate my blog to your posts.
Today I have for you relatively new blogger, and my new friend.
She is such a pleasure to talk to and I fell in love with her recipes, website and great sense of humor. She is mainly cooking her traditional Japanese cuisine, but you can find many other Asian dishes, as well few of the Western recipes, fantastic step by step instructions, and great list of ingredients in her blog pantry! I think that many can relate to her and if you haven't already please do check her website because you will not be disappointed.
Without further adieu I introduce you Namiko aka Nami from "Just one Cookbook"
As summer is just around the corner, the beautiful weather is finally back in the San Francisco Bay Area. When the weather is nice and sunny, I prepare lunch and we sometimes eat outside in the yard with my family. My children in particular really enjoy looking at all kinds of insects, wild rabbits, sometimes deer, and all the nature that surrounds us while eating their meal. It’s such a wonderful season to be outside.
Today I would like to share a simple salad recipe, which also can be served as an appetizer. I have prepared this salad on many occasions and everyone enjoyed the bright look of the salad and the fresh taste it offers. This salad combines the smoked salmon with light lemon vinaigrette over fresh greens. The taste of lemon and the smokiness of the salmon blend perfectly with the crunchy texture of the salad.
This recipe is adaptable but I highly recommend using only wild smoked salmon. Definitely go for the steelhead or sockeye salmon if they are available at your local market.
Enjoy this simple and easy salad with a glass of chilled white wine and your summer BBQ meal.
Cooking Time: <30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
½ sweet onion
1 lemon for zest and juice
1 lemon for decoration
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
½ tsp. garlic salt with parsley
¼ tsp. lemon pepper (I use one from Trader Joe’s)
6 oz smoked salmon
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the onion with a slicer and soak in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze water out. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
2. Zest a lemon and keep this lemon for juice.
3. Slice another lemon with a slicer. If you press the lemon against the slicer, you can get nice thin slices of lemon.
4. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for Lemon Vinaigrette and whisk all together.
5. Spread mix greens on a plate and put sliced onion on top. Then put smoked salmon and place some sliced lemons. Sprinkle additional peppers. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Pour the Lemon Vinaigrette right before serving.
Source: inspired by my friend Naoko
What a lovely dish Nami! Thank you so much for sharing, and it was pleasure working with you!
I hope that you will find time to visit Nami's blog and check out her step by step instruction!