I have been posting more savory, whole meal ideas than sweet treats..so I have some catching up to do.
This morning I woke up and was thinking how to use and in what my new product that I have purchased few weeks ago.
I have been contacted by Kelapo and couldn't accept the offer because foodbuzz have their sponsors and I can only review their products on this blog if I receive anything free. Kelapo was kind enough and offered free sample, which I had to refuse.
Like I said few weeks ago I was shopping and found this amazing product. I was right there in the store and felt so happy like a little child. Almost started dancing!:))
Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil is 100% organic and vegetarian. When you bake with it, expect that your whole house will smell like a coconuts... especially with chocolate, makes you feel it is almond joy in your oven, baking! Can you imagine that smell?
When you open the jar of Kelapo Coconut oil you want to eat right from it, thats what this amazing product's aroma will tempted you to do!
I've been very satisfied and would recommend that every baker have this because you will not be disappointed, I am 100% certain that you will love it!
Now my recipe today is very simple, and yet taste heavenly if I have to say it myself.
- 4oz(115g) semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup of sugar
- pinch of salt and baking soda
- 2 Tbs. Kelepo Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of water-more or less
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. Cocoa
- 1 Tbs. Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup of Pistachio + 2 Tbs. crushed for garnish
- 1/2 cup of dry fruit
- 1 bar of White/Almond Chocolate
- 2 oz (57.5g) of milk chocolate
- *I used Milka, because if you grow up or live in Europe than you know that Milka is the best chocolate. *well again this is my own opinion!
1. Preheat the oven on 350*F(180*C)
Grease and line parchment paper on the bottom of a 7 inch/18 cm square cake pan.
*I used non stick aluminum foil! Look in your store, it is great product, but it got to be written non stick on the box!!!
2. Shred the chocolate (*except white one) and leave it on side.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa, and add all the ingredients above, add water slowly because you might need more, or less.
4. Mix it with hand electric mixter until smooth.
5. Pour the batter, spread to all corners in the prepared baking pan.
6. Right on top of the batter shred some white chocolate.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until you poke with a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
8. Take it out, turn off the oven and let it cool down for next 10 minutes, or more before cutting cake into squares.
9. Sprinkle with some crushed pistachio.
10. Enjoy it with coffee, tea, or your favorite beverage.
Final thought of this cake is amazing. It is not too sweet, but will defiantly satisfy any chocoholic. Aroma, and first bite is sensational, and coconut oil was just an a essential that boosted up my cake with wonderful smell and flavor!
*Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil was purchased by me, it was not given, sent or payed by Kelepo company do to this review. Therefore it is my own opinion!