This weekend was great. Since this nice weather came I feel pumped up and ready for some great outdoor activates. On Saturday we took our kids to Museum. It wasn't planed but my youngest one was so determined to get us there that he wouldn't stop asking! And you know what, I truly believe that when you are not planing your day, or trip you get to have more fun exploring anything that you are doing! So we did went, spend 40 minutes in there, than walked, talked, and had great lunch right there on the grass, in the middle of our Centennial park! Life is good, just go with a flow and don't stress about little things!:)
Ok back to the today's recipe..This sauce is slight pass between sauce and stew, and it is very tasty, full of flavor and the most important so simple! It took me about an hours to finish but I think if I choose chicken or turkey it would be much faster..however, I had some time to kill and I love good and healthy meat so I went with a Angus beef!
- 2 cups Angus beef
- 1 pkg. frozen mix :green bean, waxed beans(yellow) and carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups of beef broth+1 cups of water
- 1 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt/or to taste
- 1 tbs. ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, powder of fresh
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbs, Tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs. flour + water
*Cook rice with pinch of salt, 1 Tbs. oil and water
Also cook 1 cup of rice with 5 cups of water; your rice will never burn, or became undercooked. After it becomes tender just drain and if needed add 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
Stir and Cover!
- In a large pot add oil, onions, garlic and let that saute for few minutes.
- Add 1 Tbs. flour and stir that fast, and at the same time start putting already prepared beef chunks or strips. Stir and let the flour go all around the meat.
- Pour beef broth and water in the pot and stir.
- Boil it for next 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and more water if needed.
- Turn down the heat on medium high and let it cook for next 30 minutes with occasionally checking and stirring!
- If the liquid evaporate add more water or beef broth, and also taste if you need more salt to add.
- Cook until beef is tender and starting to pull apart/about 1 hour.
- At this point take the lid off and add tomato paste and stir in.
- Make a roux if you wish just by mixing 1Tbs. of tomato paste with 2 Tbs. of flour.
- Add water and mix until it become smooth mixture.
- Add slowly to your stew or sauce and turn down the stove.
- Ladle over the rice or mashed potatoes and enjoy this easy and delicious meal
Have a wonderful, healthy and happy week!!!!