Today on the menu, well not really a menu it is quick and delicious idea!
I LOVE chicken sandwiches, not just me but my whole family..especially if it is just a little but spicy..there is something about spicy food..it make my appetite even more bigger, not such a good idea..:))) however many are saying that spicy food is actually healthy for you so healthy+ comfort + deliciousness + easy= all together just look to me perfect balanced lunch!
Yesterday we spend few hours in the Zoo! It was pretty warm day, but we enjoyed it so much!
We watched the show about animals and even my oldest son went down on the stage to help reveled some icky crawls/bugs-spiders.
It was Rain Forest Madagascar Cockroach, lets just say it is large ugly insect, and he didn't wanted to hold at first but than changed his mind. The second animal was Tarantula and well he took two steps back when she pulled it out the Zoo jacket that he was wearing..and the funny part was when she said "many people are scared of these because of the venom that they are holding" My Aleks just froze and his eyes almost fell out of his head LOL!!!
It was so funny, and everybody was laughing by his eye-popping reaction..
It was really fun day, and I am pretty sure it will be remembered forever!
Here is today's idea:
Here is today's idea:
- 2 large chicken Brest,
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbs. flour
- *separate flour in two bowls
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tbs black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chilly powder
Toppings for each sandwich:
- 4 slices of pickled beets
- 3 Arugula leaves
- 1 slice of Muenster cheese
- I a medium bowl mix eggs with salt, pepper, baking soda and chilly powder.
- Take a flour and separate in two bowls, one for before and one for after egg dip.
- Preheat the oven on 375 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken in a half long way fillets. If the chicken breast is too thick you can even get more than two pieces out of 1 half. So cut very thin!
- Pound the chicken and add just a bit of salt.
- Next step is to dust first in the flour than in mixed eggs, and in the flour again(third bowl)
- Place the parchment paper on a baking pan a place each piece.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until you poke with a fork and the fork is going through easy(my little trick). I do turn the chicken filled after 10 minutes on the other side.
- Take it out and place on the cooling rack in the turned off (warm) oven, until you are ready to serve.
So for the topping I choose bit different flavors.
I know those are maybe unusual toppings, but it really work together greatly.
I love beets- I mean I loveeeee beets. I try eating them every day in any form; I put them in juices, smoothies, salads, sometimes even cook with pasta sauce..and in this case I used it on my chicken sandwich, I love pickles too but this is my way to go from now on. Serve it with some steak baked potatoes/fries and you have balanced and delicious lunch!
Enjoy and have a wonderful Sunday!!!
Sometimes chicken can be golden brown and look done but in the middle could be be raw.
If you chicken look very well done, golden brown but in the middle raw you can place it the microwave for minute or two, and than place in a turned off oven to keep it warm, and crunchy until ready to use!