This is more like a small crepe, or thinner pancake..
My Sunday mornings are always filled with good food and from the minute I wake up I am in the kitchen. There is nothing better than waking up with smell of coffee, as soon as I hear it brewing I am up with my new ideas...well nobody complains so I am keeping that up!
I have few shortcuts in this dish which is already cooked beef sausage (you can use original or turkey), and some baby green salad mix on the side I can see myself making this even for Lunch. Sausage is cooked but I do put it in the oven to get bit more brown and hot!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 cups of skim milk (more or less, you can adjust)
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- pinch of sugar
- Cream cheese-room temperature
- Mexican cheese mix(shredded)
- Beef Sausage/baked in the oven
for the side:
- Baby Green Salad mix
- Mix eggs with salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Add flour and mix.
- Add buttermilk and milk.
- You can use electric mixer or just plain hand whisk
- Batter needs to be smooth and thicker.
- Preheat your round pan with drop of oil
- With a half full ladle put the batter in the hot pan
- Do not move it around until the edges are golden.
- This will have to be just little bigger than regular pancake
- Turn it over and let it cook for about 30 second.
- Once you took the pancake out, spread cream cheese, put about handful of cheese and one or two baked sausages depending how big your pancake is.
- Roll it and than cut into thicker wheels
- Cheese will melt because of the hot pancake and the sausage that I baked for 10 minutes on 375F.
- Serve with some salad on the side or fresh veggies.
I hope you will enjoy one more of my breakfast idea!
Thank you for your support and comments!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.