However I am so glad that the idea came into my head. These meatballs are not your ordinary, and perhaps somebody would think it is crazy idea but was it tasty..well it was my tasty crazy idea!:))
When my husband woke up, yes he works at night at Children Hospital and sleeping until lunch time:) So when he got up and asked me "what is that smell coming from the kitchen?" even he thought it was crazy idea, but once he tried it, hmmm that was different thought for a moment..he said it was amazing, and I could not agree more!
for 6 meatballs:
- 1Lb of lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated celery stick
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- Freshly grounded Italian Herbs
- 1 teaspoon of red paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Vegeta OR
- Mrs. Dash-original blend
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 2 Tbs. Philadelphia cooking cream
- Handful of shredded cheese
- Stir and that is filling
- I a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven on 375F
- Dip your fingers in oil and take a handful of meat mixture, and make a pattie as large as you can.
- Take a teaspoonful of rice mixture and put it in the middle
- Slowly put the meat patties to the middle and make a ball
- Close all the open holes, and roll into real ball.
- Once your finish making them, put the ball in the Bread Crumbs and on the baking sheet
- Bake for about 20 minutes/or 30 depending on you oven.
- My shortcut was that I used Alexia onion rings with Panko breadcrumbs-than I baked it in the oven and grilled my corn.
This may seem unusual but it was really tasty!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.