Baked Shrimp Egg Rolls
I love all kinds of egg rolls; chicken, veggie, turkey, I even made them with a fish. However, today I wanted shrimp egg roll. It is juice inside and so crunchy on the outside. I call this real comfort food with healthy twist! I had to make triple of these because they were so good..talk about over-eating, but at least kids were able to have some veggies, right?:))
You will need:
- 2 cups of Cocktail (smallest) prepared Shrimps
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ½-cup shredded carrot
- few drops of lemon juice
- ½-teaspoon garlic and onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 6 eggroll wrappers/skins
- Sweet n' Sour Sauce for dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except egg roll wrappers in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Lay an egg roll skin on a flat surface so that it makes a diamond shape in front of you.
- Put about 3 Tbs. of the filling into the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold in the two sides and the bottom, envelope-style, as directed on the egg roll wrapper package, use water on the end to kind of glue them together.
- Roll up the remaining side.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and filling. Brush sesame oil or any oil that you have on hand all over each egg rolls.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I serve it with Sweet 'n Sour Sauce which is beautiful combo of flavors all together.
- You can also saute/stir fry veggies and shrimps before filling the egg-rolls.
I hope you will enjoy this light and delicious meal
DUE TO THE IMAGE LOSS TWO YEARS AGO ALL MY PHOTOS ARE GONE FROM THIS PERIOD. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
CLICK ON "HOME" AND CHECK OUT NEWER RECIPES!
Similar recipe but open egg rolls you can find HERE