This morning I was thinking what to make for lunch. I am going to bed with food thoughts, I am getting out of the bed with food thought...my husband keep asking me:
"How do you come up with those dishes?"
I don't know to be honest with all of you!
I start one dish and than million ideas are clicking through my head..and I am ending up with completely different recipe!
- 4 cups of macaroni *or any pasta that you want
- Salt and pepper
- 4-5 slices of Velveeta
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream /OR half-half
- 1/2 -1 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 cup of smoked bacon, (you can substitute with any smoked meat such as lamb, beef, or turkey), cut into small pieces
- 1 Cup of Chicken, cubed
- 3 stalks of steamed Broccoli, for each serving
- Boil the Macaroni until tender in lightly salted water.
- In a meanwhile take put the broccoli to steam and
- Saute bacon and chicken until crispy- no oil need here, just a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain the water from the macaroni, and put cream, milk and cheese.
- Stir until it becomes creamy sauce and the cheese is all melted- taste if you need more salt
- When the chicken is no longer pink and the bacon is all crispy put macaroni and cheese right in the pan. Stir it well and let the flavors combine.
- Mac & Cheese will have smokiness to the taste.
- Put about 2 scoops into your bowl, add few broccoli stalks..or you can just put broccoli florets. Garnish with Parmigiano- Reggiano and you are done!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.