I am back with my weekend breakfast ideas. It is fun to switch and experiment, and even though I am stay at home mom and could experiment every day I always do it on weekends. I really don't know why? Perhaps it is from the times when I did work and only cooked on Saturday or Sunday or maybe because my mom was there at all time who was by the way fantastic chef and I didn't have to do a lot of cooking. Did I started loving cooking because of my mom? No!
I just love making people happy. Do you know that feeling when you make something and they say "wowww that tastes incredible!"
Cooking came to me naturally, but believe it or not I rarely follow the recipe. Once I taste the food for example at the restaurant I know what is in...
especially now that I am blogging, those senses kind of woke up, so I am cooking with my senses.
My great great aunt, which I called grandma' because she was like my grandma' thought me how to make my first crepes. She was such an amazing woman and I could not be more thankful.
I still remember like it was yesterday... looking back she mostly tried to teach me not only how to make crepes but how to present them est. to cut the story short.. that woman was real philosopher!
But what I knew, I was only 13, and I have been making these ever since with her always on my mind!
Again today will be kind of breakfast idea. I will write my crepe recipe,
- 2 cups of all- purpose flour
- 3 cups of skim milk, or more if needed
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Mix them all together, but don't over-beat.
- You can also use hand electric mixer, or do it with a whisk.
- Cook on the *HOT* pan and once you put the batter in turn the heat on med. high
- also you can use just a drop of oil in the pan before each ladle of batter.
- Use circling motion to get it all around the non stick pan. Flip once crepe is all dry on top part.
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- handful of mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon of Canola oil
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- 1 slice OR handful of Pepper Jack-for each crepe
- 1 slice of handful of Mozzarella-for each crepe
- In a preheated pan put oil and veggies.
- Cook them for about 5 minutes, and put bit of salt and pepper.
- You can also have a option of grilling the veggies in the Spring or Summer time.
I want to take this time and sent huge Thanks to Muna Kenny from Munaty Cooking for placing my post in her online magazine for May issue. You can check it out HERE and also check her blog where she have some delicious meals and sweet treats! She is very sweet and professional lady, and it was pleasure talking and working with her!!!
Again, Thank you Muna!!!!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.