Pasta is something that I can't say no to! I mean however you make it I will try at least a bite or whole plateful of that goodness. I don't think about diet, weight, nor calories.
So Today for lunch I thought to make gnocchi salad. I never made it myself, did searched for good recipe and found on more than few blogs...but I had 1 more pk in my fridge already made so I said nobody would care if they are homemade or pre-packed... hey they are imported from Italy, it counts for something :))
However I will promise that I'll try to make my own soon!:)
- 1 pk of Gnocchi
- 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 vine-ripened tomato,
- Handfuls salad greens
- 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian dry herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil
- Handful of chopped scallions
- Boil the Gnocchi in salted water for about 7-10 minutes; when they pop on top it's done. drain and put on the side. Don't overcook!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper to taste and herbs. Toss the lettuce with a little bit of olive oil and put it in the serving bowl.
- Pour the rest of the seasoned olive oil on the gnocchi and stir it lightly.
- With large spoon/curved spatula take about spoonful of gnocchi and put in the middle(on top) of the salad. Sprinkle with parmigiano and mozzarella cheese.
- Cut the tomatoes and arrange on the side of the salad bowl. Whatever was left from the tomatoes I chopped into pieces and put in the middle of the bowl.
- Sprinkle with handful of chopped scallions and you are done.
This salad was warm, delicious, and so tasty!