Today is my husband's birthday, and besides my Crape Cake with load of Nutella of course, I made him special treat, as a little surprise.
It is rich in flavor and very pretty mini cakes, if I have to say it myself!:))
I had this idea since last night before I went to bed...and plus I never ever worked with sugar garnish and thought how cool it would be if I tried it!
Came out amazing, and I snack on few on them..got to love sugary hard candy!
Serves about 6
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 of the cup canola oil
- 11/3 cups of coconut milk
- Mix all the ingredients, than place the cup cakes paper cups in the "cupcake" baking pan and bake on 350F for about 20 minutes or less if they are golden brown.
- Take them out and carefully peel the paper off.
- Cut the top of the cupcakes off and turn them upside-down.
- Put first Chocolate fudge, you can find really affordable jar of a good chocolaty fudge.
- Spread nicely, then add caramel topping, let it fall a bit on the sides.
For the Sugar garnish you will need:
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- In the sauce pan put sugar and crank the heat on high.
- Stir at all time, it can burn if you don't
- Once the sugar is all melted take a fork and on the
- "parchment paper" go zig-zag motions, long, short, really any motion..
- be your own creator..but it is so much fun, and so so tasty, if you love hard candy that is!!!:))
- Let them cool down just a bit, it doesn't take long time..and just pick them up
- and place on your cakes.
- The sugary treat is sticky and it will stick to your pot. The best to clean it is right after you finished with zig-zagging put water in the pot, cover and put on the warm burner or turn the heat just to slightly boil the water. Take it off and keep it covered, once all the sugar melts wash...you can repeat until it's all gone.
- If you do not want to use cake mix you can certainly make a little cakes from scratch.
See that wasn't so hard..and you have great dessert to show off:))
PS. Happy B-Day my love!!!!
Wishing you all awesome February!!!!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra's Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish without permission of the author.