Foodbuzz BACONALIA Challenge
Today I woke up so happy, went to bed too late and got up at 7am full of energy!
It is weird, but if I go to bed early let's say around 10pm, I get up tired and grumpy,
You might call night owl !:)
So I had one more idea for breakfast, and if you following my blog you know that I am not traditional breakfast eater, but if I am thinking of real bacon I am up and running to make some.
What I am trying to say if I have good and stable breakfast that includes bacon and eggs I am happy all day with few healthy snacks on the side!
This breakfast taste awesome!
As a part of the Foodbuzz tastemakers I am posting this recipe for the
Denny's and/or Foodbuzz BACONALIA challenge.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 sheets of Phyllo dough
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Gorgonzola cheese
- (for each )
- 2 cubes - of Italian style salad croutons
- (for each)
- 4 slices of real bacon-bake in the oven drain
- Sea salt for eggs
- bit of butter
- 4 Tooth picks
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Butter the cupcake dish, and fold the Phyllo dough so it can fit in the cup of the dish
- Leaving it bit over the edges...so the egg can stay in!
- Put Gorgonzola Cheese in, fit 2 croutons in, slightly push..
- Brake one egg for each cup, freshly ground sea salt and preheat the oven on 350F.
- Butter the edges of the phyllo dough.
- Put aluminum foil, and place it in the oven. Now you don't have to tuck the foil, this just to prevent burning sensitive phyllo.
- Bake for about 15 -20 minutes.
- You can bake the bacon at the same time.
- Take them out carefully and place it on the clean baking tin..( my mistake was that I forgot to butter the cupcake pan..I know!!!!)
- I used the big Tbs. to take them out..
- When you do take out each phyllo-egg cupcake, wrap them with bacon. For me was the easiest to just push the tooth pick through..
- Put it back in the oven of 5 more minutes on 400F.
Sprinkle with same fresh parsley and there you have fun, delicious, and I think it is also pretty breakfast!
My complete breakfast!!!
update: I took second place!!!!..I appreciate all your comments, buzzes and support that you gave me for this challenge!